This page last updated July 4, 2017.
Am I Building This Website for Those of You Selling or Collecting Antiques?
Why Should You Follow This Website? You Will Find Resources To Help With Selling and Collecting Antiques Here. What Are Some of Them?
There are two major categories of resources you will
find here both now and in the near future. They are under continuous expansion and editing :
1. General and specific marketing resources suitable
for any small business:
Links to valuable, information packed websites
that are truly useful.
Links to analytical tools to help dealers improve
Articles of specific interest to the antique and
Resources to help anyone choose the right venue
for selling and buying their antiques and collectibles.
- And much more.
2. Reference resources specifically designed to save
antique dealers and collectors time by giving them access to a wide
variety of reference materials and sites, such as:
Prices realized sites, both reference sites and
auction prices realized.
- Direct access to materials such as patent
references, makers marks and other hall marks.
- Articles and links to articles on dating
objects, spotting fakes and repros, etc.
- Interactive communication where I or one of our
expert contributing specialists can answer your questions. (If
you are confident that you have expert knowledge in a given
specialty, drop me a note with specifics. If we sign you up, we
will also be pleased to promote your business.)
- As we expand, we will
add more features that offer real value to dealers and also
collectors. Our goal is to provide a real service that helps you
save time and build a stronger bottom line. This site is for you, let us know what you
would like to find here.
One Size Shoe Doesn't Fit All Feet
Not all strategies are effective for every antique business. It is our intent to spell out the various options available to you, no matter what specialty business you are in. Many of the marketing tools available are free while others are very cost effective. We are ready to put our 30 plus years of antique marketing experience to use for you to find effective ways to improve your bottom line. or enhance your collecting experience.
You want facts, not “pie in the sky” promises or technobabble
Understand that true small business marketing success comes
only after a reasonable investment of time and treasure and a
clearly thought out 2 year and 5 year projection.
You also want pages written in
Our website is a growing project and will expand with more and more free information of use to both collectors and dealers. Join us on Facebook or LinkedIn to keep current with our expansion, and offer your suggestions for other resources of value to you.
Jaspe Ware Pitcher c.1900
Rosewood and Mother-of-pearl Dresser Box - India, mid 20th Century
Site Table of Contents
- Our Shop At Ruby Lane
- Shows featured items from our Ruby Lane shop with a link to the shop itself.
- Time-saving Antique References
- Links to makers mark antique references to save research time.
- Best Live Auction Aggregators & Prices Realized Resources
- The best resource for finding auction aggregators presenting live auctions and prices realized at auction.
- National amd International Collector Clubs and Forums
- An extensive list of collector clubs, associations and forums.
- Prices Realized at Auction
- Some interesting examples of prices realized at auction.
- More affordable antique business resources.
- More free and/or affordable business resources for small businesses.
- Video Marketing for Small Business
- Video marketing can be effective for small businesses at reasonable cost.
- Using video is easy
- Video is easy to use for your marketing campaign.
- Web Site Building Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of web site building for small businesses.
- Local Search Fundamentals
- Introduction to local search
- Additional local search information
- Detailed sources for local search
- Mobile Marketing is in Your Future
- The rapid growth of smartphone useage demands your attention.
- Links to articles of interest to the antiques trade.
- Antique small business references, ebooks, print books and articles.
- QR Code Ideas You Can use
- Small businesses can use QR code as well as the major players.
- Small Business Resources and Links
- Small business resources, ebooks, print books, programs and articles.
- About Vern Ward: Antiquarian
- Vern Ward's Bio Page stressing his experience as an antiquarian
- Win-Win Contest
- Details on the Win-Win Contest for Antiques and Collectibles Businesses
- A Useful Antique Testing Kit for Antique Dealers and Collectors
- Very useful testing kit for antique dealers and collectors.
- Antique Periodicals
- A listing of periodicals dealing with the art and antique trades.